Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Going Green!

From Alex: This green smoothie was a pin that had originally been posted to Pinterest and I put my own spin on it. I think the best part about these smoothies is that you can pre-make them all in one day. I have listed the ingredients below, put them all into one quart Ziploc freezer bags:
  • 1 cup Kale
  • 1 cup Spinach
  • 1/2 cup Parsley
  • 1 chopped green apple
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 1/2 chopped banana (optional)
If you measure out all of these ingredient and put them into freezer safe Ziploc bags, one bag will produce 2 small smoothies or 1 large smoothie (that's what I prefer). Once you pull the bag out of the freezer and slide the ingredients into the blender you can add any of these supplements:
  • 1 cup of Water or Coconut water (necessary)
  • 1 scoop of Green Superfood - High Energy
  • 1 tablespoon Flax oil
  • 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
  • 1 scoop of Protein Powder


 
BLEND! If your smoothie does not seem to be blending, just add a little more water or coconut water. This is a seriously delicious healthy smoothie. I really think you are going to like it!
 
Cheers Amy!!


2 comments:

  1. Love this! I was just talking to a coworker about juicing in a blender so you don't lose all of the fiber and rest of the veggies that are lost in a juicer...I'm excited to try this concoction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so delicious!! Just make sure you use a blender that will get the ingredients completely smooth. A chunky green smoothie is no fun! :)

      Delete