Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Paleo Banana Bread...Yummm

From Alex: In an attempt to get more protein and less carbs in my diet, I decide to try some recipes from the Paleo Diet. Both breads that I made were super moist and full of flavor. First I made the Banana Bread:


2 cups almond flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup agave syrup
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray loaf pan with cooking spray. (this is a very important step!!)
  2. Mix together almond flour, ground cinnamon, and baking soda in a bowl.
  3. Beat two eggs in a bowl. Mix in water, almond extract, agave syrup, mashed bananas, and vanilla bean paste. Add banana mixture to almond flour mixture; mix until no dry areas are visible. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
  4. Bake banana bread in the preheated oven until brown and crisp around the edges, about 45 minutes.
This bread made my entire house smell so delicious!! My husband and mother-in-law couldn't resist the smell and before I could turn around to take a picture it was gone...This recipe is definitely worth trying because it will satisfy your sweet tooth without all the sugar and carbs.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great recipe. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete